View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:13 PM
kgbcapthowdy
PPCGeeks Regular

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rooting and Flashing EVO Instructions for super n00b's on PC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by yang704 View Post
No where, I know cause I did it to my evo. Lucky I back up the orginal OS and image back to the phone. It require a special software to image back. It is a pain and in @ss. I was about to give up and call sprint and tell them some BS, but I understand is my fault so I decided to fix it. I found out that this phone have a built in micro soic chip that collect information and send to sprint every time you update profile, If they see that your phone is not using the original OS then they might contact you or send your ESN number to HTC ( possible jail time ).
mine is rooted and camera is great, next off you cant be introuble for rooting/hacking anything to YOUR phone. It might void warranty but its not illegal, its your property. Just like having burned dvd's isnt illegal as long as you own them. so no, and even using wifi hotspot for free on sprint isnt illegal it just against their terms of agreement and they can boot you off for it. stop misleading people
This post has been thanked 1 times.