Old 02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
HistoricalAtlasCom
Lurker

HistoricalAtlasCom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjljr15 View Post
Does anyone else have issues sending to verizon customers? I've tried (phone#)@vzwpix.com and I always get a 'Delivery Status Notification (Failure)' bounced back to my email address. I've tried gmail, yahoo, hotmail...all with no luck. It says there is banned text in the header, even if I don't include any text in the message...

Thanks in advance for the help!
Yes, I've had exactly the same problem. I think this is a spam-blocking feature which renders this whole 'PictureMail as email' system effectively useless. So I recommend emailing your photos to your sprint number and then forwarding them from the web site where you view the photos. This does work with Verizon recipients. The only real downside is that you have to type in the recipient's full phone number, but you don't need to know their service provider.

Incidentally, I've noticed that many people feel like this is "Sprint being Sprint" and that they're crazy for disabling such a simple feature. But there must be something more going on. It's not widely known that the iPhone has EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE. There's no standard PictureMail sending feature on the iPhone. So I suspect that there's a good business reason why these companies are trying to wean their customers off the PictureMail habit. There's a big difference in the way this has been received by the iPhone community. If you visit their forums, you'll see comments like "oh that's ok!! The iPhone does email great!! So you just email your pictures to 10digit-blah-blah-blah and there's no problem!! So the iPhone is still perfect!!" As many of us have discovered, emailing to those addresses is NOT a satisfactory solution. Luckily, the forwarding method works, though I wouldn't be surprised if that gets blocked at some point, too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.