View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Phone_Tank
Lurker

Phone_Tank is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung Moment GPS Fix after 2.1 Update

For those who have been having issues with GPS (getting a solid lock) on the Samsung Moment after the 2.1 upgrade (legit and cooked) I found the solution below over at the SDX forms. I was able to test and my GPS is working good as new.

Big thanks to Miggleworm for the fix!!!!

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/gene...oeykrim-2-0-2/

" I have fixed this problem on my phone without going to sprint! Idiots at the store didn't even think to try this or know how lol. I'm in the middle of the woods now so I can't type up super detailed instructions but ill try the best I can atm.

From your phone menu type in #GPSCLRX# and enter your msl. It doesn't seem like it does anything. But it worked, instantly saw 9 satellites with gps status when before I saw ZERO. Phone worked fine, however after a reboot this caused a boot loop( tried it twice, I'm positive... don't ask lol). Go into recovery, I did a factory wipe and a data restore and phone booted fine. Gps still worked great. I think something we were doing was messing with the gps radio that required it to be reset that even a reflash woukdnt fix. I reapplied nooblns rom, still works great. Haven't a pplied my sdxcustim.zip yet though because I'm scared that might be the problem and this was a huge pain in the ass lol.

Hope this helps someone else, because I had already gotten a new phone from sprint because of this and I was dreading going back again for the same problem.

Ps. Mikey it works fine with agps on as well, that wasn't the problem."