View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 PM
2 Bunny
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Thumbs up WINDOWS MOBILE 2003 REWIND Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri77777 View Post
Yeah, it runs windows mobile 2003 (no, not second edition). I want to find a nice use for it my home. I thought about using it on the refrigerator to track shopping lists. I don't want to get rid of it and am certainly not going to destroy it. Unfortunately, I have an ipod for music. Also, it requires a stupid converter to use headphones. Any other suggestions?
That one is just like my iPAQ 4150 at home.
I would use it for backup, if you already have another windows mobile device. Use a software such as PIM Backup (if that runs on WM2003 - I remember compatibility with Windows Mobile software being a big problem. After having just come from Palm OS, where everything is forward and reverse compatible with practically anything, it was a new realization to come to that Windows Mobile isn't like that, especially between 2003 and v5), and have the device ready and synced just in case your "modern" device fails, you'll have a fallback.

You could also just use it as an extra calendar or organization tool. WM2003 Runs Skype surprisingly well, but since you don't have WiFi, getting fast enough network access may very well be a chore, since you might only be able to use ActiveSync.

But, I'd say as backup (I might bust out my 4150 and try PIM Backup), a calendar (like the other people suggested), or maybe even skype (in fact, if you're really lucky, some software (like FRING) supports Bluetooth headsets, and if your computer is stowed neatly under a desk, you could keep the thing docked, connected, and Fring/Skype open, and the headset on your ear.

Good Luck!

- 2 Bunny