Re: Motorola Droid on Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno1 View Post
I did...
Seems to be working so far....
But you are now with Verizon. Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeblak8 View Post
I'm sure that you can do this. As I still have an Alltel plan but have a Droid. But I will guess that as long as the ESN is clean you shouldn't have a problem. But you can always check and see. Or check Amazon, I do believe they had the Droid for 20 bucks. But that would be with a new plan. And if nothing else you can always give Verizon a call and see if they would be alright with that. Never hurts to ask. Good luck, you will love the Droid. I know I have.
My Alltel isn't going to Verizon. Didn't know if there was a work around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
Read through this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98048

In short, if you were formerly an Alltel customer who is now a part of Verizon due the the merger, and you're still using your old Alltel plan, you can purchase a Droid on eBay or for full reatail and activate it on that plan. That's what I did (the eBay route). If you go into a store or talk to a Verizon rep on the phone, they might tell you that you can't do it. But you can. The easiest thing to do is just to activate it online through your My Verizon account. No problems whatsoever.

But, if you're still an Alltel customer now who accesses your online account through Alltel, and you're not a Verizon customer, you can't do it by normal, legal means. Anyone who is still a part of the Alltel network (receiving Alltel bills and logging in through the Alltel websites) at this point was not included in the merger (or hasn't been incorporated yet), so it's a completely different company. It would be essentially like trying to activate a Sprint phone on the Alltel network.
Now this makes sense. Alltels phones just suck. I mean I love my TP, but c'mon. Get with it Alltel.