View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 09:48 PM
rtwood
PPCGeeks Regular

rtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opinions Wanted...

I have been making custom mods for windows mobile and posted them on my ppcmods.com website. I have started getting into more complicated mods and plan on getting into even more complicated mods. The more complicated the mods, the more time consuming. I love the ppc community but I also need to dedicate time to the other parts of my life.

Anyhow, I have tried a couple of advertising things to generate a little bit of money but they were useless. I added a paypal donate thing but it is a nuisance. I understand that free mods are great and no one wants to pay for custom mods, but the time consuming nature of these mods deters me from making additional ones more often. The graphics part of each mod takes hours and hours.

I was thinking about possibly asking for a "lifetime subscription payment" which once paid each person would get lifetime access to all mods, even new ones. I thought maybe charging $10 for the lifetime. Win7 mobile is coming out soon so I plan to make custom things for that too, as well as when HTC comes out with new interfaces, etc.

Please give me your opinions on the lifetime subscription idea. Custom taskbar mods take a very long time to create, especially creating each and every graphic from scratch in photoshop. I need motivation and cannot dedicate so much time on this hobby without some.

Don't sugarcoat. Give it to me straight. Thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 3 times.