View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM
choperthedog
Lurker

choperthedog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is my omnia a dinosaur?

Clean and reflash. I am not interested in bing (iGO is great) did not like gmaps 4 anyway lot slower went back to 3.0.1.6. I f*cked with my phone too much and it got slow and stupid so going from CC20 to DC22. It is refrshing.

Things I notice with DC22.

1. I.E. is still a slow piece of crap but scrolling is nice now. I prefer Ucweb 7 anyway.
2. Taking a photo and hitting send mms within the camera returns no errors. even with pic at 2560 x 1920.
3. Cell triangulation within Google maps is sweet (VZW was only a few years behind on this one).
4. GPS lock within 30 seconds in iGO and Google maps without Gps gate or any other app.

Things I notice with just cleaning and rebuilding

1. Touch pal doesn't just disappear while I'm typing.
2. WAD2 doesn't freeze when I receive a text/email/mms. been 4 days and wad2 has not froze yet. (knock knock)
3. Everything has pep to it with no delay.
4. No errors on soft-reset (something could not be started because a critical bla bla bla).
5. When I hit button to wake the device up. It does.
6. Screen is much clearer.
7. Battery life. I am at 70% after a normal day of calls, surfing, and texting with weather panel and active sync doing their thing every 30 minutes. Before cleaning WP/AS were set for every hour and after a normal day I would have been at 40% or it would be beeping.

So now I have a phone with.
WAD2 and no other lock screens WAD has a fine one, Touchpal, SMSChat, Youtube app, Midomi, UCweb7, Gmaps, iGO, Core player, s2p, Rotation Service, Touch Responce and a couple non flash games uno, yahtzee, teeter. And everyone is happy.

I see no need for Flash or Java. I could care less if it says "no service" in s2p. And for some reason I also don't need to use SIP change anymore it just stays on touch pal now. Also I am done with task bars, boot and shutdown screens and any other goofy sh!t.

It's now a phone with some cool features that works.

good day.