View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 PM
pkcardenas
Lurker

pkcardenas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!!! RDM 6.5 keeps disconnecting!!!

PLEASE HELP!!! I am having trouble with RDM on my i920. I downloaded RDM 6.5 from a thread Geebox started and can connect to my pc at work just fine but I always get disconnected after a minute or so. I wasn't able to do that even until I created an exception to run all traffic from *.mycompany.org/* through my work connection to keep my vpn running. Then I can minimize my browser and connect but like I said, only for a minute or so.

I heard that active sync can terminate connections so I tried setting it to manual only and turning it off completely, but that did nothing.

I have tried it using WiFi and it does the same thing so I don't think it is the 3G network.

So far IE is the only browser that will work to route to my work network. I would think that it might have a time limit whereupon it will terminate a connection if there is no activity. If this is the case does anyone know of a registry hack to turn this off?

Otherwise I am about out of ideas and ANY help might save my life. LITERALLY!!! I work for a wireless isp and being able to check signal levels on my phone while four or five stories up would be a lot easier than packing a laptop up with me.

Thanks
pkcardenas

Last edited by pkcardenas; 05-20-2010 at 07:26 PM.