View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 03:16 PM
celsius0010
PPCGeeks Regular

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moment Backup and Updating Help!??!

Hey I need some help here.. I have searched here, google, and sdx and have came up short. I've been updating WinMo phones for a few years so I should be able to follow directions pretty good I just have a few questions.

I updated to 2.1 with one of the earlier leaked roms that could be done via SD card. I have been using it for a about a week and now I want to try out the Official 2.1 as Im having a few minor issues with this rom. My phone is not rooted.

I want to backup as much of what I have done as possible then flash stock 2.1 for a while to try it out before going custom. The rom I installed does not have the recovery mode backup. Will flashing the recovery mode tar erase my phone? I have hundreds of texts, contacts, and about two dozen apps. I looked in the appstore for options but most of them have warnings in the comments and it looks like everyone on here is using the recovery mode backup mostly.

Whats the best way to backup my phone on DD03, install stock 2.1, root, then restore??

Thanks in advance for any help provided!