View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 09:42 PM
undisputed1
Lurker

undisputed1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nexus One Purchasing experience (ON, Canada)

I was very excited to order my nexus one and as I sit and wait for it to finish it's initial charge I thought it would be good to give anyone that is in the same situation that I was a couple of days ago an idea of how the process went.

I ordered my Nexus One from the Google web store on Sunday, with engraving (+72hrs till shipped). On Tuesday at about 4:40 am pt. I got a notice saying that my card was charged and that my order was shipped. I was given a tracking number and I began hounding the DHL tracking site.

Hoping that being that the order was shipped so early in the day I was of course hoping for the impossible and that it might arrive that day. The shipping origin was only a 9hr drive from Toronto so not impossible. However nothing happened till 7:00 pm, but after that the shipping was quite quick, find detailed tracking below.

The item arrived in Ontario on Wednesday in the morning and was on the delivery truck by around noon. I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to make it home in time for the delivery so I called DHL and asked what I was supposed to do. They suggested that I leave a note instructing the delivery guy where to leave the package and sign it and I wouldn't have to worries about it. Being that I live in Canada and have awesome neighbors I asked for it to be left behind a half wall at the front door.

About 15 minutes after talking with DHL they called back and said that there was duty's to pay, I thought awesome service and paid over the phone with a credit card. All's going well, got my Nexus One to Ontario extreamly quickly and everything seemed to be going very smoothly. However, I got home from work at 5:50 to the sight of a yellow note attached to my note on the door F***. I quickly called DHL and asked for a solution, they paged the driver to ask whether he could come back past my house or if he is going back to the depot. after 20 min I called back and was told to call again in 10 min to get an ETA on either the depot or my house. it's now 6:15 and the depot is closed at 7:00 I got in my car and asked my girlfriend to accept the package if the driver decided to come back. I got to the depot with not a second to spare (wrong turn oops). Ahh i had my nexus one and it was a painful drive home I didn't even want to open the package as my hands were dirty from work. I was glad to find that the Nexus One was covered in plastic nicely and my dirt did not make it to the phone when I gave into temptation.

It is now an hour and a half into the charge and it is not done, I have seen on other posts that it takes some where between 1.5 and 2.5 hours.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 Location Time 15 Delivered - Signed for by : Markham - Canada 19:21

14 Delivery attempted; recipient not home Markham - Canada 17:29

13 With delivery courier Markham - Canada 12:29

12 Arrived at Delivery Facility in Markham - Canada Markham - Canada 11:11

11 Departed Facility in Hamilton - Canada Hamilton - Canada 10:11

10 Clearance processing complete at Hamilton - Canada Hamilton - Canada 09:00

9 Clearance delay Hamilton - Canada 08:55

8 Arrived at Sort Facility Hamilton - Canada Hamilton - Canada 08:55

7 Processed for clearance at Hamilton - Canada Hamilton - Canada 08:55

6 Departed Facility in Cincinnati Hub - USA Cincinnati Hub, OH - USA 05:12

5 Processed at Cincinnati Hub - USA Cincinnati Hub, OH - USA 02:11

4 Arrived at Sort Facility Cincinnati Hub - USA Cincinnati Hub, OH - USA 01:22

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 Location Time 3 Departed Facility in Northeast Indianapolis - USA Northeast Indianapolis, IN - USA 22:47

2 Processed at Northeast Indianapolis - USA Northeast Indianapolis, IN - USA 22:47

1 Shipment picked up Northeast Indianapolis, IN - USA 19:01