View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 12:57 PM
manaen
N00b

manaen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.1 battery life

I have not tried a leaked rom (yet) will be soon. But going from 1.6 to 2.1 on the official sprint roms. I can say that on the first day I was very disappointed, battery life seemed very short. However now that I have charged it up and used it for a few days it definitely goes much longer then 1.6 ever did.

My theory is this, not only was my usage higher on the first few days playing with things and setting up the phone. I think every time you flash a new rom it may need to calibrate the battery meter which might require a few charge cycles. I have been very pleased with the 2.1 official rom for battery life.

Your battery life will depend heavily on your signal strength as well so if you are in an area that requires your phone to really work hard at maintaining a wireless signal then you may want to look into some type of booster. My office is in my basement which was always a struggle. But I installed a zBoost cell repeater in my basement with an antenna mounted outside. Now I never drop a call and my phone always has more than half it's battery at the end of the day even with heavy usage. I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner.

Have you looked under Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Use ? it will show you what is using your battery and you can then eliminate any programs that are really chewing into your usage. You can even click on each listed item for additional details.