View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 09:30 PM
veedubguru
Halfway to VIP Status

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Re: getting live wallpapers + 3d gallery on samsung moment

Okay, I'm an Andoid noob too. I've spent too many years with Windows Mobile and it has deadened my thought processes.

I've tried to use Astro to install the apk, and it finds it but won't complete the install. About 1 second into the install, it errors out and stops.

I've gone into recovery, but the only option I see in there is to install update.zip from SD card. Since the zip file is named something like "Moment2.1 Live Wallpaper.zip" I didn't select the option to install the "update.zip".

Now to be clear, I'm running a completely stock Samsung Moment with the official Sprint release of the Andriod 2.1 system. ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER MODS HAVE BEEN MADE... NO ROOTING... NO NADDA.

Can someone please post a simple, (or complicated), step-by-step instruction set for those of us who have been with Android for a matter of weeks?

I'm completely confused by people constantly referring to different "Recoverys" in both version and the names of the peeps who designed them. I've googled my a** off and I see no way of downloading, installing, or anything else regarding Recovery. The Recovery I see is what I'm assuming is the stock Recovery built into the device / Android 2.1.

ANY SCHOOLING OF THIS NOOB INCLUDING FLAMING (IF PRODUCTIVE) IS APPRECIATED!