View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 PM
elephant007
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb [HOW TO] Update to 2.1 Official Sprint Release

In anticipation of the release of DD03; Sprint's Official Release of Android 2.1 Eclair
Edited: Sprint Officially released the 2.1 update today 5/14/2010

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING TUTORIAL IS POSTED IN HOPES OF HELPING PEOPLE TO UPDATE YOUR PHONE FROM CL14 (ANROID 1.5 CUPCAKE) TO DD03 (ANDROID 2.1 ECLAIR). NEITHER PPCGEEKS NOR I WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK. MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THIS PROCEDURE BEFORE PROCEEDING. ASK QUESTIONS IF NEEDED
Preface:
Sprint officially released Android 2.1 Eclair today for Samsung Moment users (5/14/2010). This upgrade was much anticipated. Most of us users her upgraded to the leaked 2.1 version and have become fairly familiar with 2.1 Eclair. This uses the Sprint Utility which operates the same way as before. Here is how to run the Utility for those of you who haven't used Sprint Utility yet.
If you've already upgraded to the Leaked 2.1 version, it's been reported that you do not have to flash back to the official CL14 before upgrading. You will lose any data/apps make sure to back those up. The newest Samsung Moment Update utility automatically does a MD5 Hash check against the TAR file, rendering it useless to flash rooted kernels and/or recover consoles from it. There is a fix for that HERE. Good Luck!
Purpose:
The purpose of this how to is to explain upgrading your existing CL14 (1.5 Cupcake) to DD03 (2.1 Eclair)
Steps:
1. Backup all your data and apps on your phone using your preferred app
2. Temporarily disable any security software on your computer (anti-virus, firewall, anti-malware, etc..)
3. If you've flashed to the unofficial 2.1 update, flash back to CL14 first
4. Remove your existing SWUpdate utility and all drivers
5. Download the new SPRINT UTILITY check the file size and make sure it's at least 101MB the website currently indicates the file size is 84MB
6. Install the Samsung Moment Update (reboot if required)
7. Run the SWUPDATE from the icon on the desktop and follow the prompts of the program
8. Don't forget to re-enable your security software you disabled in step 2
9. When your phone is done, check the phone information in settings and it should read S:M900.8.OS.DE03 as the Baseband Verion
Drivers:
If you need the Samsung Moment Drivers, you can download them from HERE
Notes:
I've never had to disable my anti-virus (Free AVG) nor my firewall to allow this utility to run successfully. I upgraded my phone last night to the official 2.1 and haven't really had time to play around with it. I use Astro File Manager to backup my installed apps, you can find that app in Market or HERE
I'm not sure if the root process for the unofficial 2.1 will work. If someone has rooted the official 2.1 release please post whether you have or start a HOW TO thread
The attached file, if you choose to use it, is a zip file. Once you unzip the file, you will have a self extracting executable. This will relay you to the download. I thought this would be a good way to monitor how many downloads this gets. The attachment is only an option, you may click on the link within this HOW TO and download the Samsung Moment Update utility. Either way you'll get the same download from the same site.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SprintUpdateUtility.zip (38.5 KB, 158 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by elephant007; 05-14-2010 at 02:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.