View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
youngpro83
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 05/09/10 Neodium & Plutonium (21903;23569)

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

General Question: Im looking to use a custom sound for sliding open keyboard. But I cant find the correct folder to dump it into.

any insight...?
OKay so not sure if a xwav file is the same as a regular wav file, but here is how you use a custom sliding sound. The registry is in HKLM-SOFTWARE-HTC-SLIDING SOUNDS. All those sounds 0-x are the ones built in. The only way to use your custom one is to create a xwav/wav file and then rename it to x_in.xwav/wav the (x) in the front is the number that you want to replace whatever sound built in. So lets say you wanted to replace the Xylophone. You would rename your custom sliding sound to 1_in.xwav/wav like I said I dont know if a regular wav is the same as xwav hence the / inbetween. The in is for sliding up. Then create a second custom sound and rename it x_out.xwav/wav and in the same example it would be 1_out.xwav/wav and drop those sounds right into your windows directory. In the registry itself the only thing you will need to change is the name of the sound from Xylophone to whatever you want to call it. Now when you go into sliding sounds you should see your custom named sliding sound and you should be all good. Try just creating a wav file and renaming it 1_in.wav and if that doesnt work then I guess a wav file is not the same so try renaming your wav to 1_in.xwav and if that still doesnt work then you might need to find out how to create a xwav file. Like I said I dont know if those to are the same kind of playable file. I think they are but dont quote me on that.

This post has been thanked 1 times.