View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 AM
kirstein
Halfway to VIP Status

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 05/09/10 Neodium & Plutonium (21903;23569).Co0kie & NO_Co0kie

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
No matter how you flash device an clear storage or hard reset is in order. One of the two at least. I do both to clear/address rogue files from both angles. I call it a double dose of good measure..lol I believe "flash dance" is when you flash your carrier's stock ROM. Which actually runs a 'task 28' on your device, something like a purging. Purging your of rogue files, which flashing a custom ROM doesnt do. I dont mine 10 extra minutes of pampering my baby(tp2)...lol
Didn't mean to start a religious discussion here, but here's my thoughts. As far as I can tell, a hard reset or clear storage will re-install the OS, just like during the original flash. There shouldn't be any reason to do this unless the data was written badly the first time. Flash memory doesn't need multiple writes to "take". It's more likely there is a flaw in the RUU writing process over USB, especially with the occasional wonky usb ports on these phones.

Since switching to SD flashing I haven't had a single bad install, and I never hard reset or clear storage unless I screw up something myself while reinstalling software.

Clearly there is nothing wrong with all the extra hard resets and clear storages you want to do. It seems to recover a bad install. I'd just rather install it right the first time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.