View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 08:20 AM
envymke
Lurker

envymke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking ***steps for sprint treo pro***

Alright, So this is my very first post and I really wanted to get this cab to work. I had the internet tethering cab file already installed and that worked great for me first time. This took a few hours to get, but I did get it working with some trial and error.

First, I am running WIndows 7. I have a Sprint Treo Pro. I have just that internet sharing cab for networking and thats it. I started over again by just deleting the cab files that I had already tried to install. Basically, I just started fresh.

I did attach the CAB files I used to get it working.

Here is my order of operations:
1. After deleting everything and installing the internet sharing hack to your phone. *Perform a SOFT RESET* The cab I have is called ICSenable. (I found the cab on this site, just cant remember where.
2. With the ICSenable, after you install it the first time and do a soft reset, you have to install it a second time and do a soft reset. Then test that you can get connected to the internet through the internet sharing program. Have to use the direct connect as if you were syncing. But then go into internet sharing and tap connect.)
3. Depending on your operating system, you have to set up a ad-hoc network. I used the name "Envy Mobil" and then chose an easy 10 digit key so i would be able to remember it. I also had to change the permissions of my cpu to allow it to see the device. Just search for ad-hoc and network sharing and enable it. CHANGING THE PERMISSION IS VERY IMPORTANT
4. Install the cab file called "XDA-Tom_Codon CM Wifi Internet Sharing VGA". I installed it to my sd card and then installed it my device.
5. Goto Programs>>CM Internet and create the same exact name as you did on your computer, with the same key.
5. This will create a shortcut in your program menu. Once the XDA cab is installed, do a soft reset on your phone.
6. When it comes back on, turn on WIFI in your COMM Manager. Once it is on, tap> settings >>select wireless LAN. Once there, Menu>>WiFi. Once you are in that screen, below where it says "Networks to access:" Use the drop down box and select "ALL AVAILABLE". You should now be able to see the network you set up on your computer.
7. Connect to the ad-hoc network you setup using the 10 digit key you made.
8. Go into programs and tap CM Internet, start your connection. The little thing spins for me as well, but I can access the internet.

I hope this helps, maybe I can finally return one to someone I have downloaded so much from!! Thanks PPCGEEKS!

I played it with it for a bit, but the connection is very slow compared to direct connect with the Internet Sharing Program. But, it does work. I uploaded a screen shot of my speed from my phone with the direct connect, my phone is half of my Time warner cable business class internet! I love this feature!

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg treoprospeed.jpg (33.7 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab XDA-Tom_Codon CM Wifi Internet Sharing VGA.cab (170.0 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab ICSenable.CAB (334 Bytes, 57 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.