View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 10:21 AM
amcq10
PPCGeeks Regular

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebedaman View Post
I can't figure out how do disable the autorotation in Opera.

That is from the FAQ and the cab file that is linked does not fix the problem. Also in this thread, the HD Tweaks program was posted, but when I changed the setting within that program, it didn't fix the problem either.

The only thing that works is deleting the gsensor.dll at HKLM/DRIVERS/BUILT IN/GSENSOR/. I would rather not do that, but I guess that's the only way to fix this. It's unbelievable to me that there isn't a setting within WM 6.5 to disable this autorotation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Not quite having your problem..actually somewhat opposite, my g-senor doesn't work anywhere except opera

For both you guys, this is what I know about the HTC GSensor...
(btw, I don't know how to write short Posts.. so, please accept my long-winded-ness)

The applications which are "allowed" to Rotate are configured at the following location in the Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor

(And if you don't have it already, get CeRegistryEditor, it makes Browsing/Updating/etc the Registry much better than trying to do it in-phone.)

There are two keys under this location which each have to be datafilled for the AutoRotate to function for each application.

Example, for Opera Mini 5, I have:
Code:
Name: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName:Opera Mini 5 beta
Value: \Program Files\Opera Mini 5\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.exe

Name: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList:Opera Mini 5 beta
Value: NativeOperaMini-Main
Once these two keys are in place, reboot phone, Opera Mini 5 will rotate to landscape, without having to have the keyboard popped out.

In order to "disable" this feature for any given App, just find the two keys for that app, delete them, reboot phone and it will no longer rotate.

Now, for the sharing of info part.. here's what I have in my ModuleName and WhiteList section of my registry.

NOTE: Replace the double \\ with single \ when adding to your registry..
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName]
"Google Maps"="\\Program Files\\GoogleMaps\\GoogleMaps.exe"
"Opera10"="\\Program Files\\Opera Mobile 10\\Opera10-armv4i.exe"
"AstrawareSolitaire"="\\Program Files\\Astraware\\Solitaire\\AstrawareSolitaire.exe"
"Astraware Solitaire"="\\Program Files\\Astraware\\Solitaire\\AstrawareSolitaire.exe"
"Opera Mini 5 beta"="\\Program Files\\Opera Mini 5\\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.exe"
"Glympse"="\\Program Files\\Glympse\\Glympse.exe"
"WeatherBug"="\\Program Files\\WeatherBug Mobile\\WeatherBug.exe"
"Total Commander/CE"="\\Storage Card\\Program Files\\Total Commander\\cecmd.exe"
"UC Browser"="\\Program Files\\UCWEB\\UCWEB.exe"
"Skyfire"="\\Program Files\\Skyfire\\Skyfire.exe"
"Opera Mobile 10"="\\Program Files\\Opera Mobile 10\\Opera10-armv4i.exe"
"MessageClient"="\\Windows\\Messaging_Client.exe"
"IE6"="\\Windows\\iexplore.exe"
"OperaTachi"="\\Application Data\\Opera9.exe"
"Opera"="\\Windows\\Opera9.exe"
"Calculator"="\\Windows\\htcCalculator.exe"
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList]
"Google Maps"="GoogleMapsMobile"
"Opera10"="OM10-ML-MainWndClass"
"Astraware Solitaire"="AstrawareSolitaire"
"Opera Mini 5 beta"="NativeOperaMini-Main"
"Glympse"="Glympse"
"WeatherBug"="#NETCF_AGL_BASE_"
"Total Commander/CE"="CECMD"
"UC Browser"="afxUcweb"
"Skyfire"="Skyfire"
"Opera Mobile 10"="OM10-ML-MainWndClass"
"Swype"="WCE_SwypeWindowPopup"
"IE6"="IEMobile"
"Calculator"="CalculatorMain"
"Opera"="Opera_MainWndClass"
I've Tried to weed out the "default" items which already show up on this list for everyone...

Finally, since I don't know how to get the text needed for the "WhiteList", I use BSBTweaks to add the needed AutoRotate info to the Registry.

Once it is in there, I add the following to my Sashimi "regexport.ini" file so that any Rotate Config that I have now can be backed up and restored after a ROM update. Here's what's in my "regexport.ini" file for Sashimi.

Code:
[HTCGSensorRotate]
RegExportDirMode=Auto
key0=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor

Last edited by amcq10; 05-08-2010 at 10:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.