View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 01:05 PM
kirstein
Halfway to VIP Status

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Solved!!! Could someone explain the Activesync "faster data" setting?

Here's my question....

There is a checkbox in the USB to PC settings for Activesync labeled "Enable faster data synchronization" . It's on by default. Once upon a time I could connect with that setting checked on my Windows 7 PC, but not my XP machine. So, I assumed the protocol wasn't supported by XP Activesync but was supported by Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 7.

Then suddenly I couldn't connect to my Windows 7 box either unless I unchecked the "faster" option. This is a bummer because it really is faster. I wish I could remember exactly when it stopped working, but now it doesn't work on either the stock sprint 6.5 rom or any of the custom roms I have played around with (Mighty or Vin's roms mostly).

Could anyone tell me definitively what happened to change the behavior or what is required to use the "faster" option in activesync?

Thanks

Last edited by kirstein; 05-06-2010 at 08:17 PM.