View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 AM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Whoah battery.....holy smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm0er View Post
try using SetCPU from the market... my phone lasts me about 2 days
SetCPU requires the phone to be rooted.

OP, the battery issues that you are seeing is because you are still running stock and unrooted. I had similar issues and battery life prior to rooting my Moment. After rooting, and removing several apps that constantly run in the background that I didn't use, I ended up with a solid 24-30 hours of battery life.

Trust me, it's different than unlocking in WinMo, but it is not that difficult. Plus you can go back to stock if you need to for service or an insurance claim. So I would recommend rooting and at least installing one of the custom kernels. Then remove some of the apps that are running in the background and you will easily be getting TWICE the battery life than you are now.