View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 11:42 AM
zachin2036
PPCGeeks Regular

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Loading Sense UI" loop after CoOkie's Home Tab install

Hey guys - if anyone's a CHT expert, I'd love to hear your opinion on this.

I installed CoOkie's Home Tab - current version, and the CHT Editor current version. Loved it, awesome software – really was doing everything I was looking for on the home tab of my TP2.

Everything was going well, but then I started the CHT Editor, changed an option (went from 4x4 to 3x3 quicklinks), applied, exported, exited. When the Sense UI restarted, it had reverted back to (kind of) the old Sense layout, with a big clock/weather in the middle, appointment below that – but no quicklinks, no softkeys on the bottom. I also could not tap anything in that middle area, but could still press the Programs button at the top, and could still use the slider to get to other tabs.

So, I soft reset…same thing. I tried re-importing the options I exported…same thing. I tried reverting to default options…same thing. Now here's where I went crazy – I tried re-installing CHT over the old install – which naturally, it told me it'd uninstall the old one first. It let me know it couldn't completely uninstall CHT. I checked back on my Home Tab – still looked broken. So I chose to install over the not-completely-uninstalled bits. I figured that since it's a series of registry entries, what's the worst that can happen? It will just see that the entry is already in and skip it, making a full install.

No dice. When I soft reset after the install, I got to the point where the TP2 loads the Sense UI. After it thought long and hard, it simply said at the top to "Tap to load Sense UI" (or something like that). When I tap, it tells me it's loading, then goes back to the "tap to load" message. So, I slid over to settings, and disabled TouchFLO in the Today settings. I'm just rolling with the Windows theme right now, but I miss my TouchFLO and definitely miss the extra quicklinks I was getting with CHT!

Anyone have any ideas as to what I need to do? It sounds like a hard reset is in my future – which won't be too terrible since I can still pull my data off. Just a pain in the butt to have to reload it all. Here are my stats:

- Sprint TP2
- Stock 6.5 w/ minor mods (before installing CHT)
- Sense was 2.5.2012

And thanks everyone for reading and helping!