View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 11:18 AM
quickstang
PPCGeeks Regular

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Squaretrade Warranty

Many of you have mentioned warranty on phones, and I myself have a squaretrade warranty. I purchased mine when I got the TP2 on ebay. I paid for the FULL price of the phone which was $549.99, but I did however get the 8% Bing cashback so it was $44 cheaper.

However when I purchased the warranty it went off of purchase price. I think I also got a 20 or 30% off so my warranty was $48.99 for 2yrs. This does not include accidental coverage.

My plan states max coverage amount $549.99
Her is what it covers and doesn't below for those wanting to know......

WHAT IS COVERED:
  • Mechanical and electrical failures that occur during normal use of your item. Your item is covered for up to the full purchase price of your item (tax and shipping are excluded.
  • Some examples of covered issues include computer hard drive failures, iPod2 batteries that stop charging, cell phone keypads that get stuck, and digital camera sensor failures.

• HOW THE COVERAGE WORKS:
  • Reimbursements: Often times, reimbursing you the full cost of the item is faster and more cost-effective. If your item's shippable, we will provide you with a pre-paid shipping label. We generally pay claims (minus the minimum postage fee for the label) within 3-5 business days of item receipt.
  • For items still covered by a manufacturer warranty at the time of claim: First, we will help you file a claim with your manufacturer.
    • If the manufacturer replaces or repairs your item, your SquareTrade Care Plan will cover your manufacturer repaired or replaced item.
    • If the manufacturer refuses to honor their warranty because they consider your item grey market or not purchased from an authorized retailer, we will still cover you.
If we decide to repair, here's how the coverage works:
  • For Shippable Items: We will give you a pre-paid shipping label (for laptops and TVs, we will mail you a shipping kit to ensure item safety). Once you've shipped your item to our service depot, we will repair it within 3-5 days and then ship it back to you at no cost to you. Laptops get express shipment both to and from our depot.
  • WHAT IS NOT COVERED: Refer to the details of the contract for the full list, but there are 5 notable exclusions to your coverage:
  • Product failures within the first 60 days: We don't cover items that are dead on arrival or that fail within the first 60 days.
  • Accidental damage: Unless Accidental Damage Protection is purchased, we don't cover items that are accidentally damaged - such as water damage, dropped iPods, and cracked laptop screens.
  • Accessories and Consumer replaceable parts: We don't cover accessories and parts that are meant to be replaced by the consumer, such as batteries and ink cartridges.
  • Software: We don't cover software issues, including software for computers, cell phones and PDAs.
  • Certain Types of Items: Items used in a commercial setting (e.g., an office printer) or older than five years (e.g., antique turntables) are not covered.
VALUE OF YOUR COVERAGE

The total value of your warranty is in most cases equal to the purchase price of your item. For every valid claim filed against your item for which we provide repair services, the total value of your coverage is reduced by the cost of the repair services rendered. In the event a valid claim is filed with us and repair costs are estimated to exceed the current value of your warranty - the balance of your warranty value will be offered instead.

• For items bought outside of eBay: you need to have a copy of the item's receipt (with the purchase date and price) on file with SquareTrade before a claim can be processed. You can email or FAX a copy of your receipt at any time.
  • For items bought on eBay: SquareTrade keeps a copy of the eBay auction information in our records, so you do not need to submit a receipt at any time.
DEDUCTIBLES: There are no deductibles for standard contract issues. Claims made under Accidental Damage Protection coverage will incur a $50 deductible.

REFUND POLICY: We will provide you with a full refund if you cancel your Service Agreement within 60 days of the purchase of your item. If you choose to cancel your Service Agreement after the first 60 days, we will pro-rate your refund based on how much time has passed. You can also transfer your Service Agreement at no cost.