Old 05-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Dougmeister
Lurker

Dougmeister is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Had Q, have Q9C, thinking about getting Intrepid

Hey all!

I *loved* my Moto Q. Main reason was the full keyboard and ability to type one-handed (no, I don't happen to have 6 fingers on my right hand). I didn't use it to watch TV or movies, but it is nice to distract the kids occasionally. I didn't play games on it (again, once in a while for the kids). I use it mostly for email and internet browsing (PIE, Opera, and Skyfire). And some Facebook.

I only upgraded to the Q9C because I thought it had wi-fi and would allow me to tether to my new iPod Touch. As most of you know, it didn't, so it won't. I really like the GPS feature (which was a total surprise), and I like WM 6.1. I do NOT like the fact that the GMail applet no longer works. I *love* the ability to get true "Push" email for free.

I am thinking about getting an Intrepid. Mostly for the purpose of tethering to my iPod Touch.

It would seem that upgrading to the Intrepid won't LOSE me anything and will I will GAIN:

• WiFi
  • Better camera (1.3 -> 3.2 MP)
  • Sprint Navigation (will be free; have to pay w/ Q9C?)
  • Windows Mobile 6.5 (stuck at 6.1 now?)
  • 528MHz Qualcomm MSM7600 processor (vs. Intel XScale PXA272 312 MHz in the Q9C)
So, to sum up:

1) Is the above bullet list correct?
2) I would consider a Blackberry if:
a) it would beat the Intrepid
b) I could keep my push email w/out paying the $10 BIS fee (I'm SERO)
3) My *ideal* phone would be a Windows Mobile/Android dual-boot (like the Touch Pro 2), but with a front-facing keyboard, and that I'd be "allowed" to use on my SERO plan. Does anyone think that such a beast will be on the market... ever? (I don't)

Thanks for reading this long rant.