View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Wildman
Regular 'Geeker

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: phone re-image/backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncal View Post
That's why SPB Backup has a restore feature that it used for "ROM UPGRADES". In fact, it notices the difference and suggests using this method when it notices the rom version on the same phone is different. Worked perfectly for me, but then again if you're using cooked ROM's the results .... well who knows. It doesn't hurt to try. If you have issues creep in, then just hard reset and load from scratch.

I guess what I don't understand is the guys saying NOT to do a backup restore after a ROM upgrade. It takes literally 5 minutes to do the resore pressing like 3 buttons. If it doesn't work, it's no big deal. But if it does, it can save hours of tweaking and work. Yeah, something might not work perfectly or have some "issue down the road" but I would say 99% of the time the issue down the road isn't goig to happen and if it is down the road it really was a problem that was there right after the restore that wasn't noticed.

Also, SPB has a feature called selective backup. If you're concerned, just backup what you want restored after the upgrade and then you don't have to worry about it.

I'll say this again, I had no problem upgrading to MR1 and restoring. It might not work for you, or it might!
I was reporting as a long long user of SPB Backup and a flashacholic that doing a complete restore can have its negative issues at times, I am glad you haven't had any issues but I was just pointing out that issues on full restores because there is some files that cant be backed up on some roms and this can cause crashes, example (ET9IMED will not backup or restore on 3.04 roms and I just thought I give you a heads up since it was asked for others experiences

Last edited by Wildman; 05-04-2010 at 12:04 AM.