View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
lipidfats
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: preventing apps from starting at boot & task managers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Yeah , like I said in another thread , this isn't winmo anymore , programs running in the background are not going to slow you down , I think you have enough memory on this phone.From what I have seen so far these task managers are probably causing problems on the phone. Looks like to me Android is smart enough to take care of itself. ( handling programs).
never said i was worried about speed... what i wanted to know is if it was possible at all to deselect some programs from starting after a reset. after all, why should they start if i don't have their notifications turned on and i haven't even launched them? A couple programs i have will crash randomly cuz they're unstable, so this is mainly why i was curious about preventing them from starting for no reason... Guess the answer is no. Some programs will stay open all the time no matter what you do?

I guess I'll try uninstalling the task killer to see if i notice any benefits tho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
heres an article that goes into more detail about what theyre talking about as far as program management:

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-b...-with-android/
good read, thanks.