Old 05-03-2010, 04:50 PM
tmellen
N00b

tmellen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: User reviews (mine at least) Please post FULL reviews:

Syrguy --

I too am coming off the Omnia to this phone, and I must say that I love everything about it (although the 1ghz processor sure does drain the battery quicker).

The case hasn't been an issue for me. I bought a silicon cover (The red high gloss one verizon sells), and that keeps everything tight. Before putting that on, I put on a Zagg Invisishield on the screen. The cover fits perfectly over the edge of the invisishield.

I miss S2U2, too. Especially the last release. It was very responsive, and last month I recall saying to my wife, "my phone is finally perfect!" Now my Omnia is sitting on my desk at home with a dead battery. heh.

The camera load time on the Incredible is really fast. If I see something that I want to take a picture of, I can catch it with the camera as fast as I can unlock the screen and press the camera button. There's anywhere between a one and two second wait until the screen shows my subject and is ready to click.

One feature I thought I'd never use, but in the past four days have been unable to live without is the voice-to-text on the keyboard. If updating facebook, sending a text msg, or doing ANYthing that would require keyboard input -- saying the update is so much better. And more accurate that my fat-fingered typing is anyway.

The browser is great. Flash support (although only "flash lite", I haven't loaded a flash page that hasn't worked), and streaming video/audio works great. It's also FAST. Faster than any WinMo phone I've ever had - on the same network even... I like the bookmark widget too. Slide to the left of the home screen, click on the bookmark in the widget I want... Bam, page is loading in what, a swipe and a click.

Google Maps for the 'droid has a few extra features that Winmo doesn't have. Voice turn by turn directions, over the shoulder view while driving...

Back to facebook -- if you use it, the "Friendstream" widget is awesome. shows all your friends updates, and to comment on one, you can press the update, press the comment button, press the mic button on the keyboard, and say anything, "Dude, I'll join you at the movie Friday" or whatever, and it's posted to his status update. All without logging in, or typing a single keystroke.

The speaker phone is great. It's the first phone I haven't had to shout at while sitting on my car's dash. I can hear clearly, and the other side of the convo can hear clearly too. Makes me want to return the headphones I bought to take advantage of the 3.5 jack.

I like how contacts are synched with facebook. If you have "Joe Smith" as a contact, and he's also on your facebook, it will link his information in your phonebook... automatically updating his picture, email, birthday, etc...

I'm still playing with it non-stop. So much to do with it!