View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
SolApathy
Regular 'Geeker

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Mobile Device Center - The fix is in!

Alright, after installing the terrible update to Active Sync known as Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista/Windows 7 & spending many hours trying to figure out why it never works right I discovered the problem!

If you have any previous Email accounts in the phone that you use you must go into Active Sync on the phone and delete those accounts ( where is lists what you want to sync). Do not uncheck the synced items, you must delete the entire sync account to the point where it goes back to the screen with a tutorial on how to start syncing. The biggest culprit seems to be exchange accounts, but I just went ahead and deleted everything.

Once I deleted all the mail accounts, log in information, etc, I was able to plug right in & my phone was once again recognized.

*Keep in mind when deleting your PC Sync you WILL delete any contacts associated with that. You will not lose numbers you have added since the last sync. When you re-sync you will get the information back, but I just wanted to provide a warning in the event your sync does not go as planned.

Last edited by SolApathy; 05-03-2010 at 12:26 PM.