View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 08:53 PM
tarp21
N00b

tarp21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Re: Missed Calls

I had the same problem. I missed maybe 4-5 calls that went straight to voicemail (all in the first week of owning phone) since I've had my TP2 now about 1 month. Took it to my local sprint store and the tech there (just telling you what he said) that if I keep the phone in my pocket (which I do,) sometimes the phone will go straight to voicemail because the data connection didn't terminate fast enough to let the call come through, because you lose some signal when phone is in pocket. One fix he said is to disable your data connection and all the programs that auto download, ie., weather, email etc. and manually use your data. You will save on battery as well. You should still receive MMS as they are sent to you (at least this works for me) and I have to turn it off again after receiving them and using all my "data" programs. Small pain but worth it. I made a shortcut to the below directions on my phone so it's easier to disable the data.

If I use the Communication Manager data will turn on by itself sometimes (as this happened to me and others I noticed) Go To, Settings>Connections>Connections icon>Advanced Tab>Select Networks>Set top selector to "My Work Network" This keeps it off until I access data programs.

There are numerous threads on this next fix...search it out. Also I changed the SCI to 0 and ACCOLC to 2. Phone rings faster when someone calls me and my phone searches the tower faster making me a priority over other people when calls come in. (This does reduce battery life some)

All this seems to have worked for me now going on 3 wks without issues. Hope I helped you