View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 03:49 PM
NCX Designs
PPCGeeks Regular

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FB for Sense or FB for Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingoutofhabit View Post
Also, just for clarity's sake...the MotoDroid gets FB notifications and does not come with Sense of course. But, on our phones, you are saying that ONLY FriendStream/HTC app gets these notifications?
to be fair, you can use another app but friendstream is better since its on your homescreen and not inside an app you have to load

facebook for android << this works with notifications but you can't see them unless your in the app
facebook for HTC Sense <<this integrates your phone with facebook so to speak, along with getting notifications of updates from your friends etc inside of friends stream.

you can choose any picture for your contact, just do edit contact and tap on the camera icon while in the editor, this allows you to choose ANY picture you want be it your own, or icons you've installed to your sd card.

also, for whoever you have added as contacts that are linked to facebook, there status updates will show up under People also, there are different tabs you can see, but there updated status shows up in your people tab too

Update: 9:11am 5/2
I just discovered a neat notification if you have facebook for HTC Sense enabled in your sync settings

when the phone finds that one of your friends in your contact list has made an update or posted something on facebook, it will have a bubble icon with how many updates they have next to there name, you click there quicklink, then go to the refresh cycle icon, it will show the facebook update there
on top of that, when i unlocked the phone, it went to the contacts screen automatically and showed me a notification bubble that there was an update

hope that helps

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.

Last edited by NCX Designs; 05-02-2010 at 09:14 AM.