Old 05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
templefugate
Lurker
Threadstarter

templefugate is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need help with my AT&T HTC Tilt2 Master Plan

I respect the various opinions shared but...I'm a business person myself and we live in a capitalist country. But it's far from "Free Enterprise". Large companies here have so much power that competition is virtually non-existent. A few years ago I was selling Jornada battries on eBay for $29.99, my cost 1 buck. At the time HP was selling those for $59 and my closest competition on eBay was $39.99. I could have sold them for $10 or even $20 and made a very very nice profit. But at $29, eBay buyers considered mine a bargain. Cell companies could sell unlimited plans for 20 bucks and make a killing. But why sell something that cost you a nickel for a dollar, when you can easily get $100! I simply refuse to pay $100 for a nickel worth of candy. And I feel no guilt in taking advantage of loop holes with some one like that. I know what you're thinking...what if someone did me that? I've had customers buy software from me and claim it was defective. I refunded their money without it's return or any questions or proof. I've had customers order the wrong item and sent them the more expensive item they needed, before they sent the original back. As a business person I try to maximize my profits, but I also try to take care of my customers. Most cell carriers and especially AT&T don't. If most of you lived in a house your father's father's father lived in. And someone kicked in the door, took over that house and "let" you live in the storage shed out back.You would think that a crime. That analogy is how this country was founded. Yet every 4th of July, in fact every night we sleep without giving it a thought. "What's wrong with people these days?" the same as always, their looking out for themselves!

Temple