View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 PM
MrGoodCat
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New to Android - A few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedog View Post
Thanks for all the answers. Music on 8 gigs is a problem. I have about 100 gigs of music and even paring it down to 16 for the sd is always a problem. I'll store it on the sd.

Yes, I did get Outlook to sync using the method in this thread. Took a little tweaking and messing with settings but it works like a champ now.

I found another app for radar but its only ok at best. I'll go find the weather channel app and give it a try.

I have to say that I'm loving this phone. After ten years of windows I'm really having trouble getting used to a phone that works and moves quickly. Now I don't have enough time to get a few extra puffs on the cigs before the phone is already doing what I asked. That might be a good thing!

R
snap thats a lot of music, haha. i use a zune hd mainly for my tunes, but i like the phone for the radio streaming apps!

you know, i downloaded the USA Today app for news, which is nice btw, but it has a weather panel with a radar button. didn't try as my battery died while reading the news (on the charger right now) but check out that app. knock two birds out with one app, news/weather/radar all in one. (or would that be three birds?)

as far as wifi router goes, we have to wait for root access, which hopefully will be soon. you can pay for PDAnet, i believe $20 (one time), which allows you to "usb tether" your phone to your laptop/comp for internet. there are a couple other apps too, i recall something like easyTether ($15 i believe) and there may some others...but wifi will have to wait till root