View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:03 PM
sherm420
Lurker

sherm420 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
keypad dialing

ok so i cleared my call logs (call history) because the sprint 6.5 was starting to lag big time (black screens constantly) and something changed for the worse. now when i type 323 , for instance (dad), my dads phone number wont come up like it used to. other 323 "hits" do, all of which i hardly contact often (this is not exclusive to the dad/323 example). its like when i cleared the log/history only the frequent calls got deleted from a database of sorts. i've cleared call logs before and this hasnt happened. oh and btw i didnt actually "clear the call logs"; that option doesnt appear like it used to. i had to select all then delete which im sure has something to do with my new problem.

now my options are limited to: go to the htc contact list and scroll down and select who i am calling which i hate, or wait until someone calls me so they are in the call log so then when i do my 323 thing the contact appears.

Any ideas or fixes?

im trying to avoid reinstalling/hard reset winmo AGAIN at all costs.

and a general question. do other "smartphones" begin to degrade like winmo seems to do? ive had a bb before and it never seemed to have any issues with anything ever. i think i rebooted it once, but i didnt really use it too much either so its tough to compare...

i've rebooted, turned off, soft reset, whatever 5 times today...