View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 09:29 PM
GoldenTiger
PPCGeeks Regular

GoldenTiger is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow. This thing IS "Incredible"... when the worst thing about a device is its name!

Wow... just... wow...

I used an XV6700 (Titan), XV6800 (Mogul), then Touch Pro 2 all with WinMo for the past several years, just as background.

I just grabbed my HTC Incredible (lol @ the name still)... all I can say is, when the worst thing about a device is its name, you KNOW you have a winner!

Some quick impressions, and if anyone has random questions throw them my way...

1) Web browser is fast as hell... it's like browsing on my Core 2 Duo notebook with the cell tethered, in terms of loading speeds: it's just EXTREMELY quick. Scrolling is smooth just like a normal PC, extremely responsive, tapping stops scrolling mid-scroll if you see something you wanted to stop at, whole thing is great!

Flash works, pages load, pinch zoom is very nice (I was skeptical at first), very customizable viewing settings.

2) Make sure you calibrate the keyboard under the system settings, stock calibration stunk, but once calibrated it's nearly as easy to type on as my HTC Touch Pro 2's hardware keyboard. I'll adjust to it in a day or two's time easily, and this was a major point of concern for me prior to buying.

3) SNAPPPPPYYYYYYYY!!!! This thing is just ridiculously responsive... it's instant, provides perfect feedback, and is REALLY well optimized for thumb/pointer-finger usage. Screens load instantly, animations are smooth and not choppy/laggy/delayed/anything bad at all. Very customizable home screens.

4) It locks automatically when powered off, a quick flick of the touch screen downward and it unlocks. Very nice to prevent accidental dialing.

5) It's REALLY light and thin, I can hold it comfily in my right hand and browse, thumb-tapping away to different links, and scrolling just fine, or any other task on the device. One-handed use is really easy, unlike my TP2.

More to come... still playing around with it and charging . I've had it for around 4 hours now.

Anyone on the fence... if you have your contract available, UPGRADE... this phone is indeed Incredible except for the crud-tacular name . It is really what I always dreamt of in terms of UI and how darn well everything works together on it, for a smartphone. I have honestly never seen/used a phone so good, and I have tried many of them .
This post has been thanked 1 times.