View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:35 PM
newkidd
PPCGeeks Regular

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Morphgear Autosetup

I looked through the forum, saw many different threads about emulators, but really all basic and nothing really worthwhile. There is some talk about smartgear, which you can see in this thread here.

For quite a while I have been using Morphgear. I normally play my emulator here at Sprint inbetween waiting to operate on broken phones, so I dont have much use for sound. Honestly if I wanted sound Id bust out on my Wii and enjoy.

I usually use Morphgear to play my SNES and GENESIS games. (you can download the module for the NES, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, but you have to pay for it to use more than like 10 minutes or so.)

The SNES is a module based off the SNES9x emulator, and the Genesis is based off of the GENERATOR.

The only problem with the Touch Pro 2 is the keyboard emulates duplicate key presses. no matter what you try to do, it will always try to emulate key 115 and the key you are trying to press. There are a few fixes, the rhodium keyboard controller, which allows you to remap the keyboard.

You can also go to the registry and manually change every key to what you need.

i have attached a .reg file that if your favorite Cook puts XDA_UC in their rom, all you have to do is attach the .reg file to your XDA_UC folder at the root of your SD card. If you are using my .reg file, you will need to put the morphgear .cab files in the XDA_UC folder as well and have them named earlier in the alphabet than the .reg file. (XDA_UC installs and runs each file depending on the name. numbers first, then alphabetically)

I am going to attach my XDA_UC folder zipped, and it'll be there till it gets taken off. i have the SNES and GENESIS mapped out, but ill post instructions to manually configure using a Registry editor later on.

Just my 2cents.

*EDIT*
My Key layout is as follows:

Genesis:
a=z
b=x
c=c
start
arrow keys (normal)

Snes:
a=z
b=x
x=a
y=83
start= enter
select= space
Attached Files
File Type: zip XDA_UC.zip (807.9 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by newkidd; 04-29-2010 at 08:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.