View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:59 PM
KSUSocrates
Lurker

KSUSocrates is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: touch pro 2 or moment

I had the TP2 and after losing it, got a moment b/c it was half the price. Background is my wife just bought me a Mac laptop for Xmas, but work w/ Windows all day long. Had flashed a few ROM's (Calkulin's) and had a Droid looking homescreen on it, had visual voicemail program. Few things I still wish I had from my TP2.

1.) Contacts all linked, like now I have the regular dialer, smart dial so I can dial using the letters of their name, and Contacts program if I want to search for them and txt or email. TP2 I could do that from the dialer only.

2.) Facebook - I have 4 programs for facebook. 1 to view status updates, 1 for the phonebook, 1 to sync profile pics, 1 to go to facebook directly

The Moment has the annoying mute problem when talking and I've had to duplicate programs like the dialer, browser, contacts, and messaging and as only ever having worked on Windows and learning Mac stuff right now, it's been a bit frustrating understanding linking w/ Windows for exploring and adding non-phone stuff to SD card that I had on my TP2 which was very user friendly.

However, my TP2 did not have near the cool apps that I now have for the moment. My TP2 was awesome as a business phone, the moment not so much. I can do almost everything I did (no Microsoft office) and some of the other business things I used to do, but as a phone outside of business, it is amazing. Way more stable than Windows, battery life is bout same.

Because of what I used to do w/ my phone business wise, I would be more than happy if I had the TP2 back. If someone has a TP2, I wouldn't hesitate to trade. Just one less thing to learn until I'm more accustomed to the Mac/Unix environment.