IsmaelPR1
PPCGeeks Regular

IsmaelPR1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: incoming call bubble w/ htc dialer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Ok everyone, I've looked into the offending regs of 6.5 themes that result in the incoming call bubble popping up when using the HTC dialer (and the phone is on).

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Bubble: BubbleBorderThemeImage
set to '\Windows\classicblue_msgboxBorder.jpg' with calcs default theme is the main problem. When this entry is deleted the bubble no longer pops up over the slide to answer screen, but there the words 'incomming call' still appear from the bubble popup.(i.e this is the big offender)

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Toast:T oastBorderThemeImage
currently set to \Windows\classicblue_toastBorder.jpg

Removing this entry gets rid of the 'incomming call' text, resulting in nothing but HTC slide to answer showing up when the phone is on and you get a call.

The problem here is these reg entries obviously reference image files for the new context menus. The thing is I can't see any changes for the life of me, even after I delete these entries (and soft reset multiple times to make sure) everything seems to work fine, and I still have the fully working context menus, borders and all. I've gone through as many context menus as I could and I could still see no difference (between reg entries there and delete).

You guys can try it out, if there are no issues then perhaps we need to make 6.5 themes with this in mind. (at least for those that want to use the HTC dialer) or perhaps even find the underlying issue, I find it strange that these pictures cause the bubble to come into focus.
I have been looking for a way to kill that incoming call bubble for a while now, I tried your edits but that didn't work for my Verizon TP2 with WM6.5 [MightyROM]

I am looking to completely get rid of that bubble from popping up altogether when a call comes in. Any ideas?

"
Never regret anything that made you smile..."