View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
myhollowworld2
PPCGeeks Regular

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Manually Receive Texts?

So when I go to my friends house, I often go from very low 1x to no service. During this period, I hardly get any text messages, and its almost impossible to send them.

However, when I leave I never get the ones that were sent to me until someone sends me a new text. Then they all come pouring in from various times. Sending a text to myself doesn't start them to come in either.

*Edit* Completely Neglected to add: This also happens when I'm surfing or tethering. Calls and texts simply refuse to come in. Which is nice when I'm tethering (although reincorporating force EVDO mode would be better) I just DO NOT get texts when I'm done. I usually have to ask my girlfriend to text me, so I can check my missed texts.

I'm running stock 6.5 Sprint, with GT2L Patch. Is there any way to avoid this large annoyance? I was hoping there was a zipwhip like app for PPC, so i could get my messages through wifi. Or is there some way to force the messages to come in? I would prefer not to change radio or rom, just due to the hassle of doing it every time I need to bring it into a Sprint store. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by myhollowworld2; 04-29-2010 at 11:09 AM.