View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Khemistry
Lurker

Khemistry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Sprint TP2: Screen turns on ... drains battery!

Hey, everyone...

I've been having a problem with my Sprint TP2, especially after modding it with the new Cookies 1.7.1...

I usually charge up my TP2 right before I go to bed. When I wake-up in the morning, the phone is down to about 90% battery life. That sounds pretty normal and not an issue. Sometimes, some phenomenon will occur over night, and the phone will be down to about 70-80% battery life. Again, sounds pretty normal.

But, sometimes, such as today, an even bigger phenomenon will occur ... I awoke this morning to find my phone down to almost 10% BATTERY LIFE! The screen was also turned on (albeit dimmed) with a message blaring across the screen telling me the battery was down to 10% and I should turn the phone off and recharge to prevent possible data loss. This has happened numerous times before ... my phone's screen will somehow turn on during the night, and then on top of that, it will not turn it's self off after a certain period of time.

I'm so pissed off right now because I have to go out and I really don't have time to fully charge my phone, and the crap is almost dead. I'm so sick of this happening. To my knowledge, I have my phone set in a way that it should turn it's self off after a while if it isn't being used, but that never seems to happen.

Does anyone know what could be happening and if so, how to fix it? Sorry for the huge rant ... but I wanted to be extremely detailed. Thanks in advance.