View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Wesley762
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 the last Sprint WinMo 6.x device!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
The only HD2 similar on Sprint is the EVO. Thats thier flagship device for 2010 of course and their answer to the HD2 for 2010. They choose Android over WinMO simple as that, and from the business prospective I cant say I blame them. I highly doubt that we will see another WinMo 6.x device on sprint ever again. If they do release one it will be a low-end device for a particular market (non power users), still doubt this too.

This is why bought my first GSM phone ever, the HD2 on Tmobile, I figured it is the only WinMo device that will get me to atlease fall of 2011, by then between the community (xda-dev, ppcgeeks, etc) and Windows phone team, im sure we'll have more of the functionality on WP7 we have grown accustom too on WM.

It just makes no sence for sprint to drop another Windows mobile device. There are no rumors of another high-end Win Mo device from HTC (which sprint has a good relationship with) Palm is basically dead, and there are no other device makers which make high-end Windows mobile devices for sprint. And even if a new device maker was in the works for making one there are no rumors. It would have to be something awesome to even stir up any consideration now when WinMo is dieing.

So friends if your like me and love WM, but are realistic enough to realize the business side of this very complicated and interesting market you will have to make a decision. Especialy if your on sprint, or VZW. (I only say this as you can also have an HD2 on At&t, and if any carrier needs to shock the market its them) So back to the decision, its either Android EVO or you go to Tmobile and get yourself ready for whats going to be a probable year long depression to our community, lol at least stateside.

Im not a WM7 hater I actually like what I see, I understand its gonna be some time before some high end devices are available, with common functionality for people like us.

I wont go to another OS other than possibly, maybe Android. With that said my opinion still stands its Either HD2, try Android Evo, or stick with your TP2 and get ready for the journey. Good luck
I think I rather slit my own wrists with a dual spoon than go to T-mobile. just the thought of it sends shivers down my spine. the real thing is we have no idea whats going to happen. there could be something in the works that none of us know about or we might just get lucky and Windows Phone 7 might be worth it. who know what the future really holds.
This post has been thanked 1 times.