View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
ChrisH09
Halfway to VIP Status

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Zagg InvisiShield Issues - Touchscreen not Responding

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdness View Post
Hey All,

it looks like the rep got solution (soapy water) between the touchscreen and the LCD. The TP2 touch panel is held on by some really crappy glue on the edges that is really easy to peel back. I took some packing tape and attached it to the spot on the side of the screen that looked like the had the liquid. By pulling up on the tape a little the screen started working. So i peeled the screen back a little and cleaned off the LCD. It seems to work now.

So now that the InvisiSHIELD has been removed from the phone to try getting it working again I am off to get a warranty replacement. I'l be very careful putting it on this time as the store rep didn't seem to be very careful with the solution...

So just to say it, the InvisiSHIELD wasn't the issue, the installer was...

Thanks for the help!

Curtis
Good to hear. Just FYI...9/10 times the reps at stores will spray the crap out of your phone with that solution, which Zagg "Doesn't" recommend you do. The proper way to apply the screen protector is to wet your hands with the solution, then apply the solution to the screen protector itself, stick side. The screen protector now comes with a spung like solution thingy...istead of spray so there shouldn't be massive amounts of solution everywhere. Install, dab phone and screen to remove excess solution, let phone sit for 12-24hrs before you. Done, everything should work.

There have been multiple complaints about this issue, and reps doing the installation incorrectly....sometimes causing damage to the device. No need to pay them 5-10 dollars more when you can do the job yourself and know that you did it right.