View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 AM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
rainfreak's App Recommendations [Updated 05/03/10]

I decided that since there are so many good apps in the Market, and it is growing in size every day, I am going to start posting apps that I find but have not seen mention of on PPCG. I will try to put up a new one every few days, however let's be realistic and go with at least one new app per week.

As with any thread, feel free to comment on the apps that I post or apps that you really like but don't see getting a lot of discussion here. However, I will also try to keep this thread fairly clean, allowing new Android users to easily find some not so well known apps that are also pretty cool.

The first app will be Color Pop! from developer Tony Kay.

The app is very easy to use with a quite intuitive interface. You can take any picture, including a photo from the camera, and easily turn it grayscale. Then, using the Pop tool, you can add color back in to specific areas of the picture. You can easily zoom in for more precise control, as well as use the slider to control the size of the Pop tool. Saturation levels can also be controlled by a seperate slider.

I downloaded the fully functional (one day) trial from the Market and was impressed at how easy it simple it was for me to make a new lock screen wallpaper. The phote below was taken with the camera on my HTC Hero of my daughter at Chuck E Cheese last week. Within a couple of minutes I used Color Pop! to make the image grayscale and then the Pop tool to make my daughter the only color portion of the image.

Color Pop! is only $1.49 and is a great app for making fun and customized wallpapers of just about anything. I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good way to easily make cool wallpapers!

Both the trial and full versions can be found in the Market. More information on Color Pop! can be found here. You can also download directly with your Android device by using this barcode:

Last edited by rainfreak; 04-27-2010 at 02:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.