N00b

greeced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond dropped in water :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZALI- View Post
Thanks all, again for your help. Here's the latest:

Its been almost three days now (about 72 hrs.) and now the phone works perfectly, activesync works, With MyMobile I can see my phone, perfectly, BUT the screen is not working at all. The speaker works as well.

I think the warranty will cover this, as this is just a screen malfunction, Would it?
If the screen is not working due to water damage, thats not a malfunction, but because moisture is causing it.

Trust me, the screen will pop back on. Interesting that you said MyMobile. The exact program I used to see my phone too. but as I plugged it in one time to activesync everything out, the screen popped back to life.

You're almost there, it will eventually come back on.

From what I gather, your warranty is void now due to those water damage stickers.. but it doesn't hurt to try.

EDIT: In regards to warranty, I'll tell you how bad Bell is. I had an old Samsung U740. Never dropped in water once. I've always had issues with it, and expressed that to bell. They told me to bring it in and they told me there was water damage because the sticker changed colour. Low and behold they said the warranty was void.

How did the sticker change colour you ask? LOL too funny, because I answered it one time when it was raining and the moisture in the air got inside the phone, no actual drops of water.

Last edited by greeced; 04-27-2010 at 10:59 AM.