PPCGeeks Regular

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
Re: lag issue with text messaging (SOLVED), at least works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
wow, do you really need thousands of texts stored on your phone??? get a backup program or just transfer them to your computer.
and 2200 contacts, how many of them have you actually talked to in the last year?
Black book for the quickies? hehehe. Why people transfer their txt messages is beyond me. I just copied the Pim.vol file from my old .. to my new. Got my contacts and call history. People say txt messages is also in Pim file, but everytime I ever copied a Pim file over, there were never any text messages added from that time.

I didn't like threaded text messaging. Too much BS with the unread text messages constantly showing up. Had to directly click on every message back and forth to get the indicator to decrease.

Phone is a bit laggy now than when I first started it back in October. Could be the text messages. Folder option is handy if you have many messages from different people. However, if most is from one person, such as your GF or what not then it would not be too convenient. Though I suppose you could date the folders.

I honestly dont know why text messages bog down Windows Mobile. It must be the way it does some kind of constant search through all of the messages, because messaging isn't sitting there and gobbling up memory. I had this same problem on my Q9M. Wasnt killing memory but too many text messages would slow down the phone to a halt (3000 or so) . Then it took the phone almost 45 minutes straight to finish deleting them all.... sheeesh.