greeced
N00b

greeced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond dropped in water :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
ummm that was a bad move, i would of sold the water damaged one and kept the new one. what if the old one dies on you soon?
Well, I really didn't have much choice due to those watermark stickers that turned completely red on both the unit and battery, so it would be somewhat difficult justifying it to someone as something they "shouldn't worry about".

I thought about keeping the new one, but as my contract is up in October (bought my diamond mid contract as my "contract phone" died), and my thought about going Android, I only need it to last a few more months. So selling the new one for a profit instead of the old one for a loss seems like the better move to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZALI- View Post
Btw, two of you [mjf100 & greeced] are Bell Mobility users like me, I think you would know of the warranty, I did not get any thing, about the warranty. I dont know about p2k, as you are a Telus user, but I think the warranty is the same or close.
Bell Mobility's warranty was 1 year, but I don't think they would honour warranties due to water damage.

I did phone HTC about the incident and get this, they would charge $195.00 just to look at it, and if I decided to repair it that money would go towards the repair, if I didn't want to repair it, I'd be out $195.00 -- This even though I stated to them I bought the phone brand spanking new for $150.00 with no contract requirement from Bell (clearance).

Bell's customer service, as I'm sure you know, isn't the best. Heck, I don't think any Canadian cell company's is due to contracts and their knowledge that you're somewhat stuck with whatever they tell you.

At any rate, my next phone, whatever I choose, will be HSPA not CDMA. HSPA will allow me to go anywhere I choose once contracts are up, unlike CDMA which is locked down tight service wise by either bell or telus.