View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 09:40 PM
syrguy1969
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: in the mean time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedPants View Post
I can't think of any good reason to wait for N1.

Are there already "cooked ROMs" for the N1 (I presume there are) and will there be the same for Incredible ya think? Want to be able to tether, etc. I can just see Verizon figuring some way to lock certain features, they always seem to!
I don't think VZW will go that route any longer, I think they learned their lesson with the GPS issue a year or so ago!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post

not 100% positive. i would like to think you can, and it would kinda makes sense that you could. i was under the impression that the main reason apps couldn't be on an sd card had to do with formatting, and the fact google doesn't support it (yet). the 8gb could very well just be for music and pictures (especially with an 8mp cam). but lets hope, since its internal, that its formatted properly and allows apps to be installed on it

i heard that the next android update was going possibly incorporate app2sd. forget where i read that, but that sounded like a wise idea by google. none the less i am sure i will root this thing after 30 days are up. i wonder if you will have control over the format of the internal mem?

EDIT: found this article from phandroid. claims that maybe a portion of the 8gb will allow app install. i guess we will all know for sure in less than two weeks, haha

http://phandroid.com/2010/04/16/droi...ternal-memory/
I am on the fence on what I read on this as well, on one hand I think I saw somewhere that apps are already able to be installed on the SD card, but then I see an article like that. I think you have it right (unless as early owner posts) that we will just have to wait a bit until we can play around with one ourselves!! (can't wait)