View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 07:20 PM
sunNsnow
N00b

sunNsnow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Solved] #777 Network Data Failure (Codes 8 & 11)

This all started when I installed Mr. X's 4-22-10 ROM (was using CFay 2.0 prior). My phone stopped working on VZW's network: no calls, no texts, no data. I reinstalled CFay's ROM, thinking this would help. It didn't.

I cleared the memory after each ROM install.

VZW tech support "flipped a switch" because my phone showed up as inactive in their system. Now voice and text works, but no data.

I have both HardSPL and Olipro's SIM unlock on the phone and was running the 2.32 WU version of the antenna.

I am now using VZW's stock 6.1 and did a memory clean, too.

I've tried entering in my user name and password (phone number@vzw3g.com and vzw) into the #777 connection setting, but it never saves it even though I press "Finish". The user name and passwords for #777 remains blank all the time.

I even programmed my own modem connection using #777, entering the user name and password as mentioned before, it still errors out.

VZW's tech support told me to take the phone in to the store and have their technicians work on it.

I hope someone here can help before I do so since I paid for the SIM unlock and don't wish to do so again.

Help!

Update:
I deleted "Verizon Wireless" connection from the phone.

Added a new modem connection named "vzw 2" -- cellular connection -- #777 -- username: [telephone #]@vzw3g.com -- password: vzw.

Switched my number to my old phone and went out using the old phone.

Switched my number back to the TP2.

Fired up Opera and waited to see what happened. The phone asked me for the #777 password again. I entered vzw and checked off the box to remember the password, then hit OK.

Going to reinstall Cfay 2.0 rom again. Crossing fingers data connection holds.

---
sunNsnow

Last edited by sunNsnow; 04-25-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Solved