View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 AM
vishalsheth
N00b

vishalsheth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems syncing Windows Mobile 6 with outlook 2007 uwsing Vista

I use Vista(32bit), outlook 2007, WMDC6.1(latest updated). I was not able to upgrade ROM with kitchen for wm6 from Helmi on Vista. I have another machine with XP Pro(SP2). I installed Active Sync 4.5 and upgraded the ROM on ppc6700. After the procedure, I performed the hard reset. Then I synced with Vista machine. The following was the obersvation. I maybe wrong. Let me know if more information is required.

"I feel there's a bug in WM6. I'm not sure. I had original ROM and it synced all my PIM data well. Now with WM6, it does not sync. Contacts 3692/3998, Calendar 0/457, Notes 37/37 and Tasks 5/81. The total pim.vol size is 15.4M from File Explorer. The format is PPC/Outlook. These got synced. I have no clue why is this happening. Is there some restriction for the pim.vol size? Total pim.vol size was 16.2MB.Or are there any other kinds of restrictions? I read someone saying that having 10,000 contacts is not a problem. I'm nothing near to that. I've used the latest kitchen. Do help me please. I ran the kitchen from WinXP machine. I sync with Vista. Is there a way to get the no. of contacts, calendar, notes and tasks like outlook? This would be good. I'm giving this no. from PIMbackup, I also checked through Stools. I didn't do anything else with the above mentioned 2 programs.
I synced with outlook 2007 with wm6 on Windows XP. I still get the same result. Is anyone getting the same problem? I'm surprised why is everyone quiet on this? I'm definately looking for a solution.
also synced ppc with wm6 to outlook 2003 on Windows XP. The data is yet a problem. The result is the same. I think there's a bug in wm6 ROM. Dear Helmi, please look into this and help me. You can mail me on vusheth@gmail.com"