View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 01:49 PM
mstevens
Regular 'Geeker

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Sense 2.5 weather updates not working?

Neither my wife's TP2 nor mine appears to be able to update weather. Both are running the stock 6.5/2.5 ROM.

When I try to update weather I get the "Connection Error" popup as if I didn't have internet connectivity. However, I have no trouble at all updating the Stocks or Twitter tabs, using a browser, etc.

I've tried 1x, EVDO, Activesync, and WiFi (each by itself with all other access methods disabled). This leads me to conclude the problem lies either with the weather server or with the HTC Sense weather application itself.

Oddly, my weather last updated around 10PM on April 22nd but my wife's updated until 7AM on the 23rd. Both are set to update hourly.

Neither of us has installed or updated any software or changed any settings in the last several days. I think the last time my wife did this would've been shortly after the 6.5/2.5 update came out.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, has anyone identified a solution?