View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 12:29 PM
MrGoodCat
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A couple noobie ???s

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I was told the rooting is usually pretty quick after a device is out, so hopefully it won't be too long before the Incredible is rooted and it is a moot issue. (I may not know much about rooting, but from what I do know I don't really see any reason not to if we are able (no down-side)).
with winmo i had no issue unlocking and flashing roms, it was almost manditory. however on android once rooted, you can not un-root. with winmo if you had a warranty issue, flash back to stock, re-lock, and your good to go. potentially with rooting, if something happens to your phone and who ever goes to fix it is smart enough, they would know its been rooted and your warranty is voided. that is the ONLY downside i see.

i think i will wait out the 30 days after i get it and leave it stock. that will also allow me time to get used to android. then as long as my phone has no hardware issues after those 30 days, i'll snag asurion, and get to rooting (assuming its been rooted by then). thats just my 2 cents on the issue. really wish it was possible to un-root, but oh well.