View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 AM
jbearamus
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
As a side note, has anybody noticed that, on average atleast, the newer smartphones use a lot more bandwidth doing the basics than the smartphones of old? Just doing the basics on my Pre I use 5 times more data than i did on my touch pro. Data bandwidth does cost sprint money, which is probably the number one reason these bandwidth intensive phones are requiring a plan upgrade.

And yes, I absolutely love beating a dead horse.
and this is what I was going to touch on from my first post of the evening.
YES! I have noticed that WebOS and Android, even Windows 6.5 on the TP2 and I'm sure Windows Phone 7 are all using a lot more data than the other Windows Mobile and I'm sure Blackberry phones are using.
These numbers are based on heavy mobile usage but not tethering
on the 6700, Mogul, and original Touch Pro I ran about 250-300MB /month
when I switched to the Pre it jumped to 500MB (probably because of system updates as well as some programs that update themselves and streaming media)
moved to the Hero it jumped to about 750MB (my browser usage did go up slightly but i'm sure it was mostly the self updating widgets as well as streaming media)
when I went to the TP2 it dropped but only to 350-400MB

so yes, definitely all of these new phones with their awesomeness are using more data which is costing Sprint more, although we'll never know as a rate or percentage how much more, its still more
so no, I don't blame Sprint for asking more for these phones, also, Tmobile/ATT/VZW all charge extra for and require data plans on all smartphones anyway, yes i know that "they're doing it too" isn't a good reason, but if they can get away with it (from a business standpoint) why wouldn't Sprint do it to?