Thread: Mogul or Touch
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Pibe38
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miata_96 View Post
I need help. I am ready to upgrade my phone, I have the 6700 now, and I don't know which to get. The Mogul or the Touch. I like the slide out keyboard of the Mogul for texting but I don't use the 6700 for writing letters, just text. The touch has vision services!! From what I can find neither one will do GPS driving without an extra bluetooth GPS adapter.

Has anyone had a chance to use both or know why one would be better then the other.

Thanks,
Chris
Keep in mind there a leaked beta ROM that enables GPS on the Mogul and that the Touch should be getting it GPS enabled some time this year (this quarter hopefully).

I have used both and now have the Touch. I love not having to worry about memory and, as mentioned above, the rubbery material it's made of.

Yes, typing some times can have its quirks, however, I compared those frustrations to the ones I had when I had to open the Mogul to type. Sometimes it would freeze when redrawing the screen in landscape, or getting phone calls with the keyboard open was always fun (not!).

Both are good devices, many people will say the Touch is better and many will say the Mogul is better. It's all about the user... if you can, go to a store and play with both devices.

The memory was basically what made the Touch win for me, if I hadn't had memory issues with the Mogul I probably wouldn't have thought of swapping it for the Touch.

---
Don't forget to Search first!